Автор(ы): KillerGremal (F3)
Название: Aranna's Legacy
Версия: Alpha 3r
Требуемая версия игры: Dungeon Siege 2: Broken World (версия в главном меню 2.3)
Аналог мода "HotFix Mod" от того же автора. Мод вносит преимущественно балансные изменения. Помимо этого, добавлено новое оружие, реагенты, секреты и т.д. По возможности, пофиксены баги оригинальной игры(скриптовая часть). Мод потихоньку-полегоньку развивается и дополняется с 2006 года и по сей день.
Инструкция по установке:
- Это Альфа версия мода - учтите! - Файл Mod-BW-ArannaLegacy-Alpha3r.ds2res поместить в папку "resources" с установленным дополнением Broken World.
- Убедитесь, что в папке "resources" с оригинальной игрой нет мода "Hotfix Mod" или другого глобального мода, во избежание конфликтов. - Если Вы хотите продолжить игру со своим ранее созданным персонажем, воспользуйтесь утилитой "All*Saves for BW" и запустите игру с её помощью(запустить требуется всего 1 раз и сделать сохранение, а уже потом можно запускать игру как обычно).
Alpha 3r: (10-May-2014)
- Critical fix for animals hiding in barrels, and besides of hungry rats
also peaceful critters may come out now.
- Ranged resistance bonuses slightly reduced by 0-3% to accord some better
with the existing melee resistance bonuses.
- Ignition skill slightly revised. Duration set to 6 seconds generally, also
ignited monsters can sometimes suffer a panic attack now and will run away,
moreover there is some chance that monsters nearby an ignited monster will
catch fire too.
- Power 'Rune of Sacrifice' technically revised (magical bonus application
doesn't fluctuate anymore, also conflict with Level Adjustment mod fixed).
- Content updates to improve compatibility with other (actor related) mods.
Alpha 3q: (15-Mar-2014)
- Body detection refined for 'Corpse Transmutation' spell.
- Chain Lightning may stun now enemies for a short period too.
- Detail level for haf-giant's body textures slightly increased.
- Potential lack fixed in basic rules for monsters with suddenly activated
life regeneration (by a buff for example).
- Several code parts revised to compatible with the Siege Editor.
- Content updates to prevent conflicts with other mods.
Alpha 3p: (25-Aug-2013)
- Healing spells related fix for revised auto-cast AI.
- Because of a mod compatibility issue the Dark Mages caused almost no more
damage, this is generally fixed again.
- Safety fix for 'Letiso' (quest monster) who could die without completing
the quest task.
- Tuning for hirable NPC Nora, in particular to drop correctly the reward for
the Nexus quest.
- Resurrection effect re-enabled.
- Uhn Miners revised (-1 level if melee, lower/AoE damage for flame-throwers).
- Difficulty presets for veteran and elite modes rebalanced.
Alpha 3o: (27-Jul-2013)
- A bug in the AI did sometimes not distinguish correctly alive from dead
monsters which could cause serious path-finding matters. This is fixed now.
- Critical fix for hiring conversation with Nora.
- Minor tunings for powers, in particular the recharging rate is reduced now
by 2 while powers without damage are active (remind, causing power damage
natively doesn't allow the recharging of powers).
- Minor tunings for several spells and buff casting.
Alpha 3n: (19-Jul-2013)
- Fix when/after moving party members independingly in wait mode.
- Tunings for Rampage mode reverted to avoid problems in multiplayer.
Alpha 3m: (12-Jul-2013)
- Fix for a party-freezing bug in the revised animation routines.
- Minor code/content tunings to avoid conflicts with the Level Adjustment mod.
Alpha 3L: (6-Jul-2013)
- Critical fix for in-game scenes (NIS) with combat actions that possibly did
never end (caused by recent invincibility tunings in context with curses).
- The AI will ignore now incidentally selected passive spells (like Town Portal).
- Minor fix for the treatment of 'party_selection_key' and 'pet_selection_key'
Alpha 3k: (22-Jun-2013)
- Some 'recipe items' (= items produced by enchantment recipes) rebalanced,
also all recipe items will become stronger now the more often you will find
the corresponding recipe, and each sequel drop of a recipe will be rewarded
with a rare item. Producing however a recipe item without the corresponding
recipe will result in a item of lower quality.
- Regenerating emanation of the Naiad pets rebalanced and health regeneration
*rate* bonus set to +150% (so actor's navtive regeneration and his bonuses
will be multiplied now by 2.5 instead of 3.0).
- Magical bonus 'of Granite' lowered/fixed (did the same as 'of Obsidian').
- As balance fix to upgrade the 'Fast Recovery' skill an actor with this skill
will stand up so fast after the consciouslessness that he is going to damage
nearby enemies by the same amount of life points as he will be healed by the
skill. For the actor himself the final heal amount is partially increased now
by his life regeneration capability.
- As little balance fix the 'Fist Aid' skill will prevent the actor from dying,
not however from being knocked out and becoming consciousless.
This skill also will give your hero an extreme smell of formaldehyd so the
chance is very low that monsters will start to eat him up while he is laying
motionlessly on the ground.
- As balance fix the damage and radius of 'Tremor' skill increased by 20-30%.
- At Kalrathia 'Nora the Nature Mage' can be hired now after the 'Nexus' quest.
- Work-around added to avoid that Drovan may freeze when he gets hired.
- New ini option 'power_rebalance = #' added to specify a percentage (1-100)
that increases the power damage against bosses on one hand, while decreasing
the power damage against normal monsters on the other hand.
- Ini options 'item_effect_mode' and 'spear_effect_left' merged and carried
over into 'weapon_effect_mode = #', where 0 for # means no weapon effects and
no damage impact effects, 1 just disables damage impact effects, 2 will turn
off effects on projectiles, 3 (default) for no changes, 4 will show effect
on spears in left hand too. Damage impact effects also can be disabled by
the negative value of the corresponding number (add a minus sign).
- Ini option 'pet_resize' added that allows you to set custom sizes for pets,
for example 'pet_resize = light_naiad:0.7,fire_elemental:1.1' would make all
Light Naiads notably smaller while Fire Elementals a little bit larger.
Alpha 3i/j: (26-May-2013)
- Bug in a speed related function fixed.
- Bug in emanation of Packmule pet fixed.
- Items stats of several items slightly revised.
- As work-around to find out the bonus chance for 'Chance on/when Hit' bonuses
you can add now 'show_chance_on_hit = true' and 'show_chance_when_hit = true'
in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file to get a report as soon as the item
is equipped (multiple bonus chances on the same item will be summarized).
- Scrub Boar pet will need now about +20% more food to grow.
- Work-around for some missing roll-over help keys added.
Alpha 3h: (5-May-2013)
- Work-around for 'Mida' who possibly was 'sitting in the air' depending on the
detail settings for game objects (see game options).
- Fix for the hire icon of Taar that persisted even if hired already.
- Fix for custom NPCs loosing their cloths while being unloaded form the map.
- Custom teleportation fixed for additional portals at the Windstone Fortress
and at the Snowbrook Castle.
- Teleportation for Mysterious Quest fixed again.
- Requirements increased by 1 level for some unique and custom items (to match
some more the major part of items in DS2).
- Fix for damage formulas of custom 2-handed weapons (mainly spears/javelins).
- Stats display for 'Ring of the Wild' fixed.
- ini option 'item_effect_mode = #' added (for the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini
file), if 3 is set (for the #) all item related effects are disabled, with 2
there are no effects for projectiles and damage impacts, with 1 only effects
for damage impacts are disabled.
- ini option 'party_selection_key' added to allow you to specify a key that
needs to be pressed before mouse clicks on party members really will be
accepted (intended to avoid that you incidentally switch the focused member
since the right mouse button is used for 'select member' and 'go to' command).
This option has no initial default, accepted key references are 'alt', 'ctrl',
'RM', 'MM' or combinations of it like 'shift+ctrl' (without quotes), but note
that the mouse buttons will still perform the hard coded function (RM: attack,
MM: unlock camera) so their usage is limited.
As exceptional value also '0' (zero) can be assigned so all party member will
become inselectable from beginning - disabling however the manual casting of
heal and buff spells on other party members.
Please note too, if the 'pet_selection_key' option is unassigned it will copy
the assignment from the 'party_selection_key' option.
Alpha 3g: (7-Jan-2013)
- Revised code parts caused a lack in the experience calculations when playing
on custom maps. This bug is fixed now.
- A flaw fixed in the expanded routines of the spell casting job.
- Minor map and radar tunings in the area of the Southern Greilyn Jungle.
- Minor content tuning for a better compatibility with other mods.
- Revised resistance bonuses synchronized between v2.2 and v2.3/addon (however
no significant changes).
Alpha 3f: (28-Sep-2012)
- The native magic-find bonus of *human* heroes was almost completely ignored,
this bug has been fixed now.
- Tab with resistance information expanded with some additional stats.
- Several unique and set items that served as quest rewards on GPG's maps may
drop now partially on custom maps too (like other unique and set items do).
- The 'Transmute' spell has now higher variants (II-IV) as well with gradually
better gold efficiency and higher chance to reveal a rare or unique item.
There are now some additional 'transmutation recipes' too, inclusive a recipe
to produce the 'Mysterious Teleporter Stone' (will require a rare ring and
a rejuvenation potion plus two other 'purposeful' items).
- Work-around added to solve a conflict with Content mod for Utraean Peninsula
for DS2 that let NPCs partially not talk to you (e.g. Windstone Soldiers).
- Content conflict fixed with Level-Adjustment mod that made training dummies
indestructable sometimes (and you couldn't leave the Tutorial Beach).
- A new *.ini option 'gui_bar_transparency = #' can make the bottom bar in the
GUI (more) transparent. The default value for # is zero for no transparency,
maximum value is 100 to make this bar completely transparent (invisible).
- *.ini option 'loot_drop_message = #' added to show you a message when a set
or unique or item has dropped. Default for # is false for no message.
- Several other minor tunings for content and balancing:
- Boots (more valuable now than gloves, by trend).
- Native mana bonus on spellbooks (higher bonuses some lower now).
- Sharpshooter spell (damage bonus slightly lowered).
- 'Quiver potion' (couldn't find a random texture sometimes).
- Exp rewards (more indifferent on party size).
- Thief (chance to appear slightly lowered, possibly one more item).
- Temporary object collections (not to overwrite each other).
- Attack routines (code optimizations mainly).
- Erasira (prevention not to be loaded multiple times).
Alpha 3e: (10-Aug-2012)
- Lowered influence of difficulty settings on monster's defense values (to
have less impact on player's damage values).
- Quests with more than 1 skill point as reward will only give this reward
to the party hero, all other members in the party will get 1 skill point.
- Missing quest banner re-added (got lost by some v2.2 code in this mod).
- Minor tunings for cast animations when attacking a barrel.
- Some code flaws fixed.
Alpha 3d: (28-Apr-2012)
- Maximum resistance value now also used for dodging and blocking. Note
that higher percentages loss some of their efficiency for balancing
reasons, also blocking is some more effective if the enemy is in front
of you compared to an enemy in your back.
- Incantation shrines improved to apply enchantments to all loyal actors
if they generally comply with the given class requirements.
- Several quest rewards revised for Multiplayer mode.
- Bug fixed in life formula of 'Giant Thrusk' monster.
- Mimic chests got some vulnerabilities/resistances.
- Ether Blast power will depend now on the average of maximum health and
current health the summoned monster has. The skill description however
won't indicate this detail.
- Repulse power tuned/rebalanced. Monsters always will be stunned now for
a moment when trying to enter the shield (fixed), also they will suffer
some damage (added, about 1-2x your hero's level).
- If not successful to silence an enemy the Silence power will try to slow
down the enemy at least. Some monsters however are even resistant to this.
- Several 'Rending Aura' buffs slightly rebalaced. 'Rending Aura: Magician'
profits now from Debilitation skill as well, the skill impact however is
50% only (as for all Rending Aura buffs).
- Bug in Summoned Ghost fixed, now the DS2-native health scaling depending
on party size will be correctly taken into account.
- Some bonus values of reagent moved towards original values again.
- Custom shields will require now 'Barricade' skill as well.
- The chances to find a 'Rune of Might' are partially independent now on
the 'magic find' bonus.
- *.ini option called 'autocast_hurry_key' added to expedite auto-casting
a bit if the focused hero is standing still. Possible keys are 'shift',
'ctrl', 'alt' or combinations of it like 'ctrl+shift' for example.
- Bonus values for skills 'Tremor' and 'Chant of Stone' partially depend now
on Strength, and bonus values of 'Shred Blood' on dexterity too, also the
corresponding classes get some influence now. However the main influence
of intelligence as the description says still exists.
Alpha 3c: (7-Mar-2012)
- Technical problem with shockwaves fixed.
- Obsolete test files for 'chance on hit' tuning removed.
- Effect for melee/combat-magic buff slightly lifted.
- Bonus value revised for 'Life embrace' buff used by monsters.
- Several "+% gold dropped" bonuses on items rebalanced.
- More authentic fragments if a barrel/create explodes.
- Content updated to be in sync with other mods.
Alpha 3b: (14-Jan-2012)
- Error fixed in formula responsible for exp gain from (significantly)
under-levelled monsters (thanks to Marco).
- Problem fixed with monsters who adjust their levels/stats automatically.
- Smaller thrown weapons will be correctly displayed again while walking
or attacking (spears not affected).
- Enhanced emergency teleportation from Tutorial Beach to Eirulan. With a
large party however it may be that you have to reload the map/seesion
due to placement problems (temporarily releasing misplaced members to
the Inn works too).
- Minor template errors fixed.
Alpha 3a: (11-Dec-2011)
- Enhanced Provoke power did only work for power level 2+3. Power level 1
has been fixed now.
- Critical hit chances by skills are some lower now (increasing a bit more
in linear manner, however maximum is still 50% instead of 55%).
- Minor tunings for spell 'Corpse Transmutation', it will partially profit
now form skill points on 'Enveloping Embrace' (50% influence).
- A conflict fixed with native monster respawning method.
- Inappropriate NPC settings made evil NPCs spawn like monsters, this has
been fixed for all known NPCs suffering this problem.
Alpha 2z: (3-Sep-2011)
- Provoke power performs now more enduring.
- Chance and damage of 'Arcing' skill may slightly vary depending on
the hazardousness of the lightning spell used. Lightning arcs also
may jump on now if the chance is met another time.
- Some more AoE range for Fireball spells (damage and visual effect).
- Spell books will provide now a little mana regeneration bonus depending
on their requirements and on their capability to be enchanted.
- Several damage-related reagents rebalanced. Also the description of the
existing resistance reagents should be translated now correctly in any
language (if part of the native game support). However a few custom terms
on reagents only will be translated only in French, German or Italian,
otherwise these terms remain in English language.
- There is now an option called 'buff_limit = #' for your DS2 *.ini file
to allow 1 or 3 buffs for party members instead of 2 (default). A custom
number of buffs will be rebalanced internally, partially at least.
- Option 'difficulty_pet = #' added to adjust the difficulty for pets only.
Default is 100, possible values are 50-500. If any value (expect of 100)
is set then the general option 'difficulty' will be ignored for pets.
- The monster levels of some 'Shard Souls' at the end of act 1 were much
too high. Their levels have been lowered appropriately.
- Minor tunings related on 'rampage' problem in multiplayer mode.
- The rats sometimes hiding in barrels are now not as hungry as before.
- Side note: the term '+#% Belligerence' as used in this mod refers to a
bonus that will increase your total damage.
Alpha 2y: (18-Jun-2011)
- Offensive spells and healing spells will display now how long they
take to cast (without skills/bonuses).
- The 'Life Steal' bonus won't let you steal more life than the monster
actually has. This applies to the 'Mana Steal' bonus widely too.
- Revised 'Overbear' skill bonuses fixed/re-added. The bonus values
are some higher now than the bonuses of 'Dual Wield' skill in order
to compensate partially the lack of magical bonuses on a two-handed
weapon compared to two one-handed weapons.
- The former tuning for 'Chance on Hit' bonuses was inadequate and
partially faulty too, thus revised again. Practically such a chance
has to be considered now as chance per second evaluated after an
successful attack. On-hit-chances of damage causing effects usually
are 5-10% depending on the dangerousness of the effect, also slower
weapons have now higher chances compared to faster weapons.
- The restricted cross-over items (that would need a code from PSP) may
regularly drop now in-game, however their rarity is 50% higher than
for items of the same type.
- Sometimes party members suffered 'nervous twitches' after following
the selected character. A work-around has been added to prevent this.
- Party AI: 'Wait' mode tuned (no hotkey assigned by default, but you
may do this in the game options) so party members can act now more
independently, and switching between them won't cancel new commands.
Previously in 'Wait' mode non-selected party members also left their
positions if your selected character began to talk to an NPC, now they
will keep their positions and proceed current actions.
- Pet AI/interaction tuned: The automatic re-selection of the primary
spell/attack won't happen if a curse is selected.
The .ini option 'pet_selection_key' (see Alpha 2u) has been fixed too,
however the former option 'pet_focus_latency' is obsolete now.
- Necrolithid pet slightly revised. Instead of 1 now 4 cast animations
are used (to look less monotonous), as consequence of it the casting
speed resp. pet's spell is some slower now (with appropriate raise of
the spell damage). The pet's curse has be rebalanced too, the maximum
physical armor reduction is now 50% at pet level 100, 42% for death
vulnerability, and 34% for ice vulnerability. The new attack speed
reduction for monsters (added, as the curse description referred to)
will increase until 26% on maximum.
- Lap Dragon's pet buffs II+III rebalanced, now 50% death/lightning
resistances and 70% power recharge bonus on maximum.
- Two Rending Auras rebalanced. For 'Wasting' (melee/combat-magic) the
life threshold until monsters explode is some lower now, 'Arrow Bane'
(ranged/nature-magic) is now weaker when used in close combat.
- Increased gold revenue form 'Transmute' spell for dual-classed heroes
with nature magic as one of their best two classes.
Alpha 2x: (23-Apr-2011)
- Vulnerability fixed in revised quest 'The Missing Squadron'.
- Some weapon features like 'berserk' or 'rapid attack' did not work in
previous mod versions. This has been fixed.
- Minor updates due to file/content conflicts with other mods.
Alpha 2w: (12-Feb-2011)
- Due to the recent code tunings some (quest) monsters did not attack
as intended, and some monsters had too many health points. Both has
- Compatibility issue with MonsterLevel Adjustment mod fixed.
- Summoning code improved.
- Visual tunings for Morden-Viir Sword and Rending Aura 'Magician'.
Alpha 2v: (18-Jan-2011)
- Several bonus values of passive skills slightly revised, generally an
average value from v2.2 and v2.3/addon is used now, following skills
however will automatically increase with growing character level:
- Tremor Damage of skill Improved Tremor.
- Shred Blood Damage of skill Hemorrhage.
- STR/INT bonus of skill Strength Of The Mountain.
- DEX/INT bonus of skill Grace of the Night.
- Health bonus of skill Fast Recovery.
- Chance calculations fixed for Shred Blood (skill Hemorrhage).
- Auxiliary feature added to make upto 16 autocast slots available by
an additional spellbook in the (main) inventory of a party member.
This feature is not active by default, you must enabled it first with
the 'autocast_slots' option (for your DS2 *.ini file). Example:
'autocast_slots = 4,6' (without quotes) will check the 4 autocast
slots of your equipped spellbook for spells to be autocasted, it will
also try to find an additional spellbook (grey, requiring 10 INT) in
the main inventory to check there the 4 autocast slots plus the two
reserve slots for autocasting spells. The order in this additional
spellbook is: autocast slots, reserve slots, and then slots 1-4.
Set 'autocast_slots = 6,10' if you really need 16 autocast slots,
however autocasting may impact the PC performance, so either set the
limits lower or try to avoid unused spells in the spellbooks.
- Summoned monsters revised: Upto 5 summons are possible now, summons
of dual-classed heroes will get some more armor, and 'Summon Alacrity'
will also increase a bit the defensive abilities of summoned monsters.
Monsters who are angry because of multiple summons will try to attack
the summoning caster more persistently.
- Pleasant buffs will be auto-casted on summoned monsters if the caster
is almost full of mana and if he has nothing else to do.
- The indicated ranged bonuses of the 'Sharpshooter' buff spell (for
dual-classing ranged and nature magic) will affect now nature magical
attacks too (although not described explicitly) making your attacks
some slower while offering more cast range and spell damage inclusive
a critical hit chance for magical attacks.
- Tuning for 'rampage' mode to let melee party members longer stay in
the front line of a combat (and not to re-locate) just because your
focused hero change his position a bit. So if you need to flee it's
recommended to switch to 'mirror' mode if you want to ensure that
your melee party members instantly retire from the battle too.
- For balancing reasons and to reduce the gap between v2.2 and v2.3/BW
some item bonuses may (slightly) have changed.
- A key part of the mod has been completely revised, it's recommended
to make a manual backup of your savegame.
Alpha 2u: (22-Dec-2010)
- Serious code error fixed in revised functions for v2.3/addon.
- In Alpha 2t sometimes wrong defaults value have been applied making the
gameplay partially harder in mercenary mode. This has been fixed.
- There is now an *.ini option called 'pet_selection_key' to tell the game
which key you wish to press first before selecting clicks on a pet will
be accepted. As key however only 'alt', 'ctrl' and 'shift' is possible.
Example: 'pet_selection_key = shift' (without quotes)
There is no key assigned by default, if you do yourself, it will disable
customizations with 'pet_focus_latency'.
- There is now an *.ini option called 'autocast_deny_key' to tell the AI
not to auto-cast buffs, curses, summon or healing spells while the
specified key is pressed. Possible keys are 'alt', 'ctrl' or 'shift'.
Besides of this key option the party AI shows the following behaviour:
- In 'wait' mode non-focused party members will auto-cast buffs, healing
and summons spells nevertheless, ignoring 'autocast_deny_key' setting.
- Auto-casting won't happen in 'mirror' mode while running (away).
- Curses won't be auto-casted if caster's life is low (<30% of max life).
- To cast buffs, summon or healing spells during a combat the related
magical skill class has to be at least 33% of caster's hero level.
- Summons only will be casted in friendly towns if enemies are nearby
or id the summon spell is selected in slot 1-4.
There is no key assigned by default. The option 'vitality_to_autocast'
and the related code was too inefficient and has been removed again.
- Option 'tell_me_distance' replaced with 'show_distance_key' to assign
'alt', 'ctrl' or 'shift' key to display the distance to an enemy when
you right-click on him while the specified key is pressed down.
By default the 'ctrl' key is assumed to be set. You may set 'none' to
disable this feature.
Alpha 2t: (5-Dec-2010)
- Problem with unreachable pillars in the Vault of Therayne solved.
- Missing model added for revised bow of Vai'kesh Archer boss.
- New type of spear added. They are all enchantable and look like a stretched
wooden thorn. With some luck you also may find the 'Thorn of Pain' which is
a dangerous unique spear for heroes with level 75 or higher.
- Lack fixed in the party AI that prevented auto-casting in rampage mode if
one of the party members was too far away.
- Range for ranged attacks increases now automatically if aiming downwards,
this is specially notable if the aiming direction is almost vertical.
- For transmutation recipes needing '+xy Health' reagents now other health
related reagents work too, however their effect is not as powerful.
- Stats and requirements for several items slightly rebalanced.
- Minor bug fixed for potion-increasing emanation of Scrub Boar pet.
- The automatically re-opening town portal at session start (optional) was
able to teleport away 'party-loyal' ambient NPCs. This bug has been fixed.
- Wrong icon replaced for conversation between Finala and Deru near the
Ice Cave in act 2.
- Improved support for talking animations.
- Missing sound file in DS2 has been replaced by an auxiliary sound file.
Alpha 2s: (28-Aug-2010)
- Auto-casting sometimes still didn't work in satisfying manner. This has been
tuned now to properly detect heroes/weapons with critical hit chances and
offensive spells. Maybe remind here that 'autocast_slots=6' (without quotes)
in your DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file would also include the reserve
slots in your spell book for auto-casting, while spells in slots 1-4 never
are affected by the custom auto-cast tunings.
- Interval for dual-classing related 'Skill of Omniscience' rebalanced,
you will enjoy this reward again between level 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, etc.
In case you don't like this balancing reward you generally could be disable
it with the *.ini option 'dual_class_gift_period=0'.
Alpha 2r: (27-Jun-2010)
- Revised auto-casting for buffs and curses. A former revision has proven to
be insufficient and has been fixed, also auto-casting buffs should perform
smarter now, so spells like 'Wrath of Magic' won't be applied on actors if
a melee/ranged weapon is selected, while e.g. 'Wrath of the Bear' won't be
applied as long as a spell is selected.
- Most of the monster buff spells revised/fixed, their effect duration is
now 30 seconds usually.
- Revised recipes to produce jewellery with the Transmute spell. Even unique
amulets or rings are generally possible now, however the result is still
random and notably depends on the nature magic level of the caster and
the rarity and the level/requirements of the ingredients.
- Some of the custom dual-class 'Rending Aura' spells caused a malfunction
in aiming error calculation. This has been fixed.
- Rending aura spell 'Arrow Bane' rebalanced, speed handicap is per arrow now
and no longer general, damage per arrow increased from 5-50% depending on
fan position, resistance bonus removed.
- NPC animations tuned: Female NPCs only had an 'aggressive' idle animation,
it has been replaced by a more relaxed one. Also human NPCs had no walking
animation when possibly holding a shield only (e.g. after being disarmed),
so an auxiliary animation has been specified.
- Since the Zombie Legionnaire Mages got a weapon/staff their attacks were
too fast, this has been fixed again. Also their look has slightly changed
to be different from melee Zombie Legionnaires.
- The ini option 'brilliant_regeneration' allows now digits too since a factor
of ~2.5 seemed to be quite balanced for this alternate mana bonus handling.
Alpha 2q: (12-May-2010)
- Workaround added for spell casting to keep auto-attacking going on if another
target has been eliminated instead of the originally selected one.
- As little tuning tweak the *.ini option 'pet_focus_latency' would accept now
negative values too, then there will be no more temporal latency but instead
the ALT key must be pressed down when you left-click on the pet to select it.
- Some Morden Shields and Morden Swords revised for mod-compatibility reasons,
unfortunately this makes them useless. To repair/replace these items now you
need to drop them out of your inventory. In the case of an enchanted item you
will get the repaired magicless item plus a decent monetary compensation.
- Minor tunings for user interface commands.
- Revised remarks for 'town portal at next session' (see Beta 4a, 11-Jul-2009):
For safety reasons (also for people who don't read the warnings in this file)
the town portal no longer will reopen by default at next game session since
this feature has proven to be more critical than originally expected.
However if you want to reactivate this feature manually then you may write
'save_town_portal=true' (without quotes) into the DungeonSiege2.ini file or
at the end of the command line in your DS2 shortcut. In this case making a
manual backup of your savegame would be really recommended,
Generally try to avoid to open such a persisting town portal near elevators,
near dungeon entrances or at locations with a roof above. However if you have
problems in these cases then using the elevator or entering+leaving the house
resp. dungeon entrance may help.
Alpha 2p: (31-Mar-2010)
- Safety fix added for a vulnerability in Eva's quest where sometimes the door
to proceed to Snowbrook didn't open. So when revisiting the tomb you will find
an auxiliary lever to open the door if Eva already has been rescued.
- Spell damage slightly revised. The impact of intelligence decreases now a bit
the more you already have, however the allowed maximum intelligence for spell
has been increased (specially for higher spells), e.g. the supported capacity
for most IV spells is now 750 instead of 500 int (since in veteran/elite mode
mages easily could reach 500 INT and lost above the benefit of INT on damage).
- Several monsters tuned. Correct sounds for Hyena and Raptor, also spellbook for
Traglok monster fixed (since intended to be a melee/magic switching monster).
- Some ranged Vai'kesh monsters had no valid bow or dropped bows with too high
level requirements. Their bows are tuned now.
- Ranged/nature-magic spell 'Stun' unintentionally increased the ice resistance,
this has been fixed.
- Targeting matters fixed for continuous ricochet feature.
- Minor changes related on Lorethal's item set to increase the chance that the
player may complete this large set (requires 8 pieces).
- Sometimes respawning monsters interrupted the conversation with Drovan (act 2),
a work-around has been added to prevent this.
- Appendix: Please note, in conjunction the the addon/v2.3 the maximum hero level
in this mod has been increased recently to level 103. This has been introduced
to allow the player to maintain the 'level surplus' of his heroes when facing
monsters with level 100 (as existing in the addon or possibly on custom maps).
Alpha 2o: (17-Dec-2009)
- The skill bonuses of 'Strength of the Mountain' and 'Grace of the Night'
were accounted twice sometimes or got lost again while fighting. Thanks to
the investigations of 'jwallstone' it was possible now to add a workaround
that widely fixes this game bug.
- The native weapon enchantment buffs expanded to split the gained exp also
if a corresponding spell is selected.
- If you face a monster body and Ctrl + Right-Click on it then you would get
a distance report. You may add 'tell_me_distance=false' into the .ini file
of the game to disable this feature should it cause any conflicts with your
own mouse or keyboard configuration.
- A few further tunings and some minor flaws of the previous release fixed.
Alpha 2n: (4-Dec-2009)
- Workaround added to avoid the defeat message in singleplayer mode if there is
still a conscious pet that may protect/heal/resurrect your body (or get help).
- For quests with skill point rewards for party members, a pet who has helped
you to solve such a quest will get now +2% non-elemental resistance instead
of a skill point - this may be an advantage against act bosses who often
cause non-elemental damage.
- Minor changes for a few reagents, specially to mention that the Viperclaw is
now 2x2 squares only to bring back the attractiveness that partially gone lost
due to the recent revision of damage related reagents.
- Some ranged Taclak monsters (mainly in the 'Smith Dungeon') dropped javelins
with requirements much too high, this has been adjusted.
- The class stats in the GUI sometimes displayed wrong expressions (depending
on the installation language) or incorrect information where the rewarded exp
has gone (when switching between party members or pets). This is fixed now.
- Converted/friendly Crawn monsters killed themselves with their own spit attack,
now they no longer show a suicidal behaviour when attacking.
- Functionality of the *.ini option 'pet_focus_latency' improved to work also
with non-main-hero party members.
- New *.ini option 'pet_aura_effect_mode' added to suppress the *visual* effect
of pet emanations. This option accepts values with the following meaning:
0: No visual effects at all.
1: Effect for pet itself only.
2: Effects for party members.
3: Effects for party members and their summons.
4: Effects for party members, their summons and loyal NPCs (default).
Note I: Negative numbers (-1/-2/-3/-4) will keep the meaning as described above
but the visual effect on the pet will be smaller (larger part is disabled).
Note II: This option works independently on the emanation *bonuses*, in all the
cases the bonuses still affect party members, their summons and loyal NPCs.
- Supposed the MonsterLevel-Adjustment mod is installed too then 'Alin' the Elf
next to the Teleporter at Eirulan will sell you a 'Rune of Mending'. Just drop
this item out of your inventory and it will follow you automatically to adjust
the levels of monsters/containers nearby. This may be quite useful if you want
to make forgotten or skipped side resp. party member quests in retrospect when
monster levels (and so their loot) are much below your average party level.
Alpha 2m: (31-Aug-2009)
- Minor tuning for multiplayer to increase stability, however several other
multiplayer related problems are not fixed so far, in this context better
spell aiming feature disabled for multiplayer.
- Power 'Energy Orb' tuned: The orb won't attack inselectable objects anymore
and barrels can be found now in case that a good/neutral actor stays between,
also the effects look slightly different corresponging to the power level.
- Arboreal Armor visually enhanced (to look less like a nightdress/underwear).
- Higher chance now to find a Rune of Might (will summon a loyal soldier).
- Cooperation with MonsterLevel Adjustment mod improved.
Alpha 2L: (11-Jul-2009)
- Automatic level-up (e.g. when a party member leaves the Inn storage) will
boost now dual-classed characters more appropriately, maintaining the former
distribution of exp between the best two classes while ignoring the 3rd and
4th class. Boosting more than 2 classes is not supported.
- For safety reasons (also for people who don't read the warnings in this file)
the town portal no longer will reopen by default at next game session since
this feature has proven to be more critical as originally expected.
However if you want to reactivate this feature manually then you may write
'save_town_portal=true' (without quotes) into the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini
file or at the end of the command line in your DS2 shortcut. In this case it's
really recommended to make a manual backup of your savegame, also try to avoid
to open a persisting town portal (one you like to get back the next session)
if under ground (resp. if there is any kind of roof above you) or at the base
of elevators. If problems should occur then go the way back to the previous
teleporter station, this usually will reset the environment.
- Work-around added to teleport you automatically to Eirulan if accidentally
arriving on the Tutorial Beach again after re-entering mercenary mode as a
veteran/elite party or if coming from a different map.
- Encounter with Castle Dragon ('Talon') slightly revised to ensure the battle
will start again if you interruppted it for a longer time.
- Partially lowered stats for Vulk monsters (in South Greilyn Jungle, act 1),
however they still have notably higher stats than other monsters.
- Accessibility of Health and Mana Shrines revised, so it's easier now to walk
on/across them while clicking on the center still will attract the hole party.
- Some new quiver textures added.
Alpha 2k: (12-Jun-2009)
- Related on custom difficulty options sometimes the health points of monsters
increased depending on how often you encountered them. This has been fixed.
- Former balance fix for multi-classing slightly revised. If considered to be
sufficiently dual-/multi-classed a party member will gain now one extra skill
point already after 5 levels each time, beginning within hero level 7-8.
Additionally this balance fix will work now in retrospective manner so actors
who have missed their dual-class skill points (e.g. actors in/from the Inn)
will partially get them too.
Note maybe, if using exp-splitting buffs you will become dual-classed anyway,
however without these spells you need at least 1 of 4 monsters (resp. its exp)
to exercise another class than your best class to become dual-/multi-classed.
- Minor chances for some 'Rending Aura' spells. Here specially to mention that
damage-absorption by mana (~'mana shield') supports now percentages >100%,
in these (rare) cases the consumed mana would be reduced proportionally.
- Small GUI-update for the skill tabs to show what percentage of the totally
collected exp has flown so far in which class. It may happen that this update
won't be effective depending on other GUI mods possibly installed.
- Fix for knocked-out animations that did not start sometimes, also a minor
optimisation for several pets to support their second pair of KO/stand-up
animations (so far unused).
- Fix to prevent damage effects on nearby invisible objects that should not be
- Workaround to lower the probability of 'very wrong' skill bonuses on weapons.
- There is now the *.ini option 'damage_reflection_effect=false' to disable the
visual effect when damage gets refelcted back to the enemy.
Alpha 2j: (25-Mai-2009)
- Instead of approaching towards a talker sometimes the listener run away and
the conversation started at a remote position. The related approach parameters
have been tuned appropriately.
- Necromancers often refused talking (mainly in act 1-3), this is fixed now.
Alpha 2i: (8-Mai-2009)
- On the radar map now green dots will appear for small/secret levers depending
on lever size and highest Magic Find bonus within your party, however levers
later in gameplay are harder to reveal, initially it may be sufficient if MF
matches the hero level but later MF should be 2-3x higher.
- Recently revised code parts didn't properly respect special breaking objects
(like the 'Farna-Shell' in the Tutorial region), this is fixed now.
- Some under-/over-powered items rebalanced, however changes are rather marginal.
- Ensured that custom Ankh reagents can be pick up again when placed on the map.
- Visibility matter for the Morden Viir Lance fixed.
- If you just like to see your focused party member fighting then you can do this
by the following procedure/tweak:
- Press down 'hold position' key (see game options, it's usually 'C').
- Left-click on any ground position.
- Stop pressing 'hold ground' key.
- Right-click to attack choosen ground position.
Alpha 2h: (28-Mar-2009)
- Fixed bonus accounting for 'Fast Recovery' skill (the skill-part affecting
consciousness wasn't implemented in the addon).
- There was a mod bug making the loot-thief invincible/undefeatable in elite
game-mode (partially with loosing all mana). Thanks to 'False Modesty' this
is fixed now.
- Custom rat monsters in act 1 often had a too high level, this is fixed too.
- The method the game treats party orders slightly revised, so if your party
is in 'Waiting' mode then the focused member can now use lifts/elevators
independently and the other members will wait there they are.
- Situative repathing added for melee party members when intercepting enemies.
- Casting effects of embrace buff spells are now able to move with the actor
who eventually changes his positions during spell casting progress.
- More accurate aiming for some fire and ice spells (as if the caster could
estimate where the target approximately will be when the spell will hit).
- Spell 'Transmute' revised. Minor lack fixed so an almost empty potion no
longer will give the same gold value as a full one. This spell also has
been expanded a bit, for example. 3 mana potions and a +health reagent will
transmute into a health potion (the resulting size depends on ingredients
and caster's nature-magic level).
- Absolute damage bonuses on reagents partially replaced with proportional
bonuses to keep these reagents more attractive for longer time.
- Rending Aura spell 'Wasting' tuned to perform more party-friendly, now the
low-life detonation will be executed too as soon as any other party member
hits the enemy.
- Minor revisions for pets. The feeding afford will be some lower if feeding
a further pet of the same class (this change also will prevent feeding bugs
for naiads), the growth-bonuses for Scrub Boar pet slightly revised too.
- The 'Lost Guards' quest of act 1 slightly revised so the guards no longer
will talk to you in combat or if seriously blessed (please heal them first).
- Most of the custom items tuned to fit better into the native item/reward
scheme of DS2, however item stats may be slightly different than before.
- A new 'Ceremonial Shield' added and 'Morden-Viir Lance' as fighter staff,
both as enchantable items.
- Special item added called 'Rune of Might'. If you ever will find one and
add it into the inventory of a party member then an summoned soldier will
appear to fight with you.
- Minor fix for the 'tacho strawman' that became defective when disbanding
a party member within its activation range.
- Concerning quivers the *.ini option 'quiver_mode=#' has been added, where
# must be a number form 0 until 4 to define where/when to display quivers,
0: never, 1: bows only, 2: all ranged weapons expect of spears/javelins,
4: for all ranged weapons (default).
Alpha 2g: (24-Jan-2009)
- Work-around added for intercepting melee actors so they don't walk to a
position the enemy evidentially won't reach anymore (e.g. if died or if
walking in another direction meanwhile).
- Work-around added so actors won't talk back-to-back and will face instead.
- Monster life is now assigned more dynamically depending on merc/vet/elite
mode or if in single- or multiplayer mode. In this context the percentage
vet/elite mode gets harder (see: difficulty_mode_ratio) has been lowered
since it will affect now monster life as well (at half influence tough),
moreover this percentage will be applied if you are in multiplayer mode.
Finally this will also accord better when having 6 party members already
in mercenary mode (as DS2 default monsters get more health assigned with
more playing party members, in particular with 5 and above).
- For evaluating the blocking chance it will be considered now from where
the enemy is attacking. If an enemy is in front of your shield then the
blocking chance will actually be some higher now, but if an enemy should
attack from behind the blocking chance will be notably lower.
- Ricochet skill revised: The distance a ricochet may fly has been reduced
slightly while a ricochet may now travel on sometimes.
- Multi-shot tuned: the damage effects caused by shockwaves or bleeding are
now adjusted according to the power (~fan position) of the projectile.
- Custom Harpy and Ghost summons fixed to profit now from summoning related
item bonuses too.
- New items added: Enchantable Haku spears introduced (finally) and some
enchantable helmets added for the dual-classes NM+CM/M+CM/R+NM.
- In all towns a 'tacho strawman' (training dummy) can be found to display
the average time between two damage events. Please take note that the speed
benefits by skills are ~30% higher than they actually should be 'based' on
an error in the code structure that hasn't been completely fixed so far.
- Enchanting/reagents partially revised, in particular an experimental reagent
added to give you ~10% more walking speed. Moreover 'good' items will offer
now +2 enchanting squares, 'great' and 'exceptional' items both +3 squares.
- As soon as a ranged weapon is equipped quivers will be appended on actors
usually with a random look each session. Visit once the reagent seller,
maybe he has some special potions to permanently redye the quiver.
- Potion drinking animation added as additional strategic feature. There are
different modes available by the ini/shortcut option 'potion_drink_mode=X'
where X is a number from 0 (hardly ever animate) until 6 (animate always).
Default is 4 to animate the focused hero always and all other party members
depending on their life/mana state. However for better gameplay convenience
the animation will generally not happen in several situations.
- The left-handed weapon effect of commonly enchanted/magical spears/javelins
could be enforced with the ini/shortcut option 'spear_effect_left=true',
however effects on both sides may look quite effusive for usual weapons.
- The ini/shortcut option 'pet_dire_wolf_black=true' would turn your Dire
Wolf pet into a really dire one.
- This game is so old, don't be surprised to encounter gnawing rats. ;=)
Alpha 2f: (13-Sep-2008)
- General revision fixing some strange stability problems of Alpha 2e.
Alpha 2e: (31-Aug-2008)
- Workaround when switching from spell to weapon. So far in DS2 you had to make
some steps first or to wait for ~2 seconds before it was possible to hit enemy
with the newly selected weapon. Now this will work much more fluid.
- Tuned lore book: Chants display now if there is a more advanced version of this
chant in the lorebook on the later pages. Moreover if you would recite a short
chant even so then automatically the medium or long chant of the same type will
be applied if available (so no need to browse for it).
- Minor exp related lack fixed in DS2, playing with 6 party members or 6 parties
in multiplayer will be treated now the same way as a smaller amount of party
members or parties are.
- In mercenary mode some quest rewards of act 1 dropped items with requirements
much too high and thus quite useless for the foreseeable future of your party.
This is fixed now so the rewards will match better the gameplay progress.
- Bows have now a bowstring.
- Breakable containers (barrels, urns, crates, etc.) may respawn now at random
in the next gaming session, however the more often you destroy them, the lower
the chance that they will respawn. Also note that for your current party this
feature only will become active for regions you haven't entered before.
- Spell added to summon your storage vault outside town.
- The existing two spells revised/fixed to split exp on melee and combat magic,
also two new spells added of this type - the first will mainly stun monsters,
the second spell will generally kill all monsters below a certain life amount.
All bonus values depend on how melee and combat magic are in balance, moreover
skill points on Debilitation, Enveloping Embrace and Feral Wrath may partially
improve the values and skills affecting weapon enchantment spells as well.
- A few small gameplay facilitations added for new parties. It's very probable
you will reach now Eirulan with level ~3 (as it is the case in multiplayer),
also if you haven't found yet any good low-level weapon then torches can help
out possibly - they have been tuned to cause extra fire damage when burning.
- NPC Lirrit (the 'mana bush guard' and pet seller outside Eirulan) disappeared
sometimes, she will keep now the assigned position more ambitiously.
- Necromancer NPCs (who usually bring back dead party members) have now also a
choice in their dialogue to release party member forever into the wilderness.
- The 'Golden Chalice' has maybe found it's final destination - drop once this
item once on a health or mana shrine.
- The Scrub Boar pet is now able to open ranged sanctuary doors too - because
although spitting it's a ranged pet. Also the pet will grow some faster now
to match the definition of an unpretentious low-level pet (see Beta 3m).
- To fade out the visual buff effects sooner eg. after 10 seconds you may add
'buff_effect_duration=10' (without quotes) in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini
file or at the end of the command line in your DS2 shortcut.
This option has no influence on the duration the buff bonuses will last, and
if you would set 0 as option value then there only will be the initial buff
cast effect and consecutive visual effects will be skipped.
- AI related tuning added to situationally skip auto-casting with non-focused
party members depending on spell, char stats and expected amount of enemies.
For example this shell prevent that injured members if fleeing fall back due
to auto-casting and thus easily get knocked out by ranged or magical attacks.
You partially may influence the auto-cast behaviour yourself with the custom
option 'vitality_to_autocast=X' where X should be a value (close) around 100
(since vitality doesn't only refer on any specific life amount, it's more a
limit or probabilty including armor and resistances as well). So a low value
for X makes party members auto-cast even if weak or seriously injured, with
a value >100 the members must be able to sustain more of the expected damage.
A value of -1 however would completely turn this feature off. Please follow
the instructions right above how to apply such options.
- Feature added to avoid unintended focusing of pets respectively if you want
to select/focus a pet then you first had to hold the mouse cursor above the
pet for a few moments/seconds until a mouse-click will have an effect.
You can set up this yourself with the option 'pet_focus_latency=X.X' where
X.X ist the delay in seconds (try 2.0 approximately, decimal ditigts are ok).
However this feature is *not* active until you add a delay value that should
match your personal playing style in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file.
- Minor changes on a few textures.
Alpha 2d: (15-Jun-2008)
- Ghost Summon spell fixed, it will work now more secure when obsessing possibly
quest related monsters (note that monsters that clearly can be identified to
be really important for quests never can be obsessed).
Also a workaround has been added to lower the risk of mistaken attacks between
obsessed monsters and party members.
- A further melee/combat-magic dual-class weapon-enchantment (buff) spell added
that may ignite nearby enemies that are attacking you. The 'Debilitation' and
the 'Ignite' skill have positive influence on the bonus values of the spell.
- The enchantables-shop in the Azunite Desert has been revised to be compatible
with the mod feature to reopen the town portal form the last game session.
Generally if you intend to leave the game with a open town portal then better
cast the town portal spell on a location as clear/empty as possible.
- Summon spells will be auto-casted sooner if hostile occupiers/intruders are
in the town (respectively in a place where you usually don't need summons).
Also it shouldn't happen any longer that a mage (without any summons yet) is
starting to cast e.g. 3 times although only 2 summons are needed/allowed.
- Too often too many monsters got angry at the same time if a mage owned more
than one summoned monster, this has been rebalanced.
- Sometimes potions didn't correctly upgrade although a mature Scrub Boar pet
or a party member with its emanation was present - this is fixed now.
- Many typo errors in this readme corrected. Some are still levt though. ;=)
Alpha 2c: (4-May-2008)
- A bug in the last mod version partially applied too much magical damage on
pets in veteran and elite mode, this is fixed now.
- When receiving party commands while casting a summon it could happen that the
weapon didn't reequip correctly. A workaround has been added to avoid this.
- The game difficulty at session/map start only was detected correctly if the
MonsterLevel Adjustment mod was installed too. This matter is fixed now.
- Since also higher variants of the Windstone Armor are available (by Beta 3o)
some Windstone soldiers were standing around only in their sockets, now the
Windstone boots fit them again.
- Multi shot feature revised: The number of extra arrows/projectiles no longer
depends on 'Quick Draw' skill, so for the 'Arrow Bane' buff/enchantment spell
the skill points on 'Enveloping Embrace' and 'Feral Wrath' are deciding now.
You will get one additional projectile per two skill points (in this context
remember that the arrows/projectiles that are more outside are causing less
damage than the ones that are more in the center, so having eg. 20 arrows may
be fun but probably is not the best way to invest so many skill points).
This change was necessary to accord with the other ranged/nature based spells
that recently have been added, also there are now less balancing conflicts and
no more proprietary rules when using this feature with thrown weapons.
So you probably have to change the skill point allocation. The cheapest way to
do this is to visit Erasira, she will reset a skill for 500 gold.
- If desired you may configure DS2 to treat the reserve slots of the spellbook
as additional autocast slots (so functionally you have 6 autocast slots then),
just add 'autocast_slots=6' (without quotes) at the end of the command line of
your DS2 shortcut or by adding it in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file.
Please remember that each addition spell in the autocast slots also will cause
a higher CPU load, so better use this option carefully.
- On the char skill tabs: When holding the cursor above a skill then the display
will change to 'native skill points' plus 'skill points by items' instead of
displaying only the final amount of skill points for that skill. It's possible
that feature sadly won't work if other GUI related mods are installed too.
- Further NPC to hire: Kiernan (the lonesome archer at the Snowbrook castle) can
be hired now after solving the related task of "Lelani's Sorrow" quest.
This NPC will join you as ranged/nature dual-classed char - in particular to
give you an example about this skill combination.
- Also the party hero is now allowed to train at the party member training area
at the Snowbrook castle, however training his best skill will happen at rather
- A teleport connection between Windstone fortress and Snowbrook castle will be
established soon after you have reached the castle the first time. This will
provide a faster way to reach Kiernan or the party member training area in the
Snowbrook castle center.
- When you leave a game session with an opened town portal it will now reopen in
multiplayer mode too if you are the hoster of the game.
- For a more challenging game it's possible now to obtain only the half amount
of skill points resp. 1 skill point each second/even char level. For this add
'half_as_skilled=true' (without quotes) at the end of the command line of your
DS2 shortcut or by adding it in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file.
- Experimentally it's possible to rename party members with a special option for
the DungeonSiege2.ini file, for example:
rename_party_member = Donkey: Pacco, Drovan@Kohnan: Billy Idol
The row above would rename any char/pet called 'Donkey' into 'Pacco' for all
parties ever loaded, also it would rename the member 'Drovan' into 'Billy Idol'
but only for the party with the main hero called 'Kohnan'.
In particular when renaming party members please be aware that quests or party
conversations still will react on the char respectively on its old name, thus
renaming eg. Deru into Taar won't work to see/do Taar's conversations/quests.
Although not recommended it also would be possible to rename the main hero but
then you have to rename yourself (eg. in Windows Explorer) the savegame folder
and all the savegame files within - otherwise your main hero only is labelled
with the new name but your party is still conducted with the original name.
Please always backup your savegame first before using this renaming feature!
Alpha 2b: (3-Apr-2008)
- An error in weapon enchantment code caused effect times to increase over and
over again finally breaking trough the numerical limit of DS2. It seems this
error indirectly affected other gameplay failures too, however it's fixed now.
In this context please note that if the 'Petrifying Weapon' enchantment spell
is used then skill points on 'Soul of Protection' may totally increase the
petrification duration from 2 seconds (default) up to 4 seconds.
- Routine mana costs for Mana Shot and Mana Strike (weapon enchantment spells)
can be reduced now with skill points on 'Natural Bond'.
- The bonus "+XY% Summoned Creature Attack Speed" fixed, it was considered 100x
too small (internally it's no percentage, it has to be treated as ratio).
- Monsters in elite mode are a bit easier to defeat again (compared to previous
difficulty tunings by this mod for veteran/elite mode).
- To deactivate the little panel with the four party formation buttons you may
add 'party_order_panel=false' (without quotes) at the end of the command line
of your DS2 shortcut or by adding it in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file,
the related auxiliary 'option button' at Eirulan has been removed.
- Minor fighting speed issue solved for monsters and NPCs wielding two weapons.
- Minor tunings for some crafted/unique items (former shop items).
Alpha 2a: (15-Mar-2008)
- Bug fixed in basic DS2 code where requesting a possible life-steal bonus from
traps or self-destroying loot-generators was able to freeze the game.
- Work-around added for more reliably working power launching with non-selected
party members in rampage mode/formation when auto-attacking option is on.
- The spell of the Ice Elemental pet revised, in particular the pet's attack may
really freeze enemies now as the original spell description is telling us.
- Ensured that the orange/green circle for boss/special monsters always will have
a diameter that matches with the monster's body size.
- Two new sword types added, Hero Broad Swords and Raider Swords, both one-handed
- A specially featured two-handed Morden sword added, to get it you need to encash
an ancient stone tablet in the crossover/PSP shop on the Broken World map.
- Long-range notification corrected for Sharpshooter weapon enchantment spell.
- NPC Drovan as party member partially fell back on its former NPC state turning
him into a invincible and neutral actor again - this is fixed now.
- Minor revisions for some monsters. The visually swordless Zombie 'Kluun' mage
no longer will have an extra chance to drop a Zombie-sword, the torches of Uhn
mages are burning now, the texture of Rawk monsters has been restored (previous
mod versions possibly caused some kind of quicksilver-look).
- On top of some towers the sight range will be increased while riding upstairs
with the elevator (when riding downstairs again the sight range will be reset
not to cause/maintain a strong memory/CPU load when fighting with monsters).
Alpha 1z: (20-Jan-2008)
- A few lacks in Alpha 1y fixed, specially the bug in the expanded auto-cast AI
that made party members cast summon spells unsuccessfully over and over again.
- Existing ranged/nature exp-sharing weapon enchantment spell rebalanced and 3
new spells added with special benefits for ranged/nature dual-classing.
The bonus values of these spells may be increased by embrace, wrath or weapon
enchantment related skills - but at half influence only.
A char will be considered as well dual-classed if the indicated spell level is
similar to the char level - and this is usually the case if ranged class and
nature magic class both are very close at/below the char's level. If not well
dual-classed then negative proprieties won't really let you enjoy the benefits
of the spell and you should exercise the retarded class first, alternatively
a spell called 'Dryad Sentinel' may help you but if will take some longer to
adjust the imbalance between the two classes.
- Spell added that allows you to become melee and combat magic dual-classed.
- Higher versions of Windstone armor pieces are now enchantable.
- Dialogue revised for custom (single) skill resetting NPC. Drovan is now on the
list too, alternatively you could choose the 'Hey it's me!' reply to select the
focused and currently talking party member instead of the party hero.
Alpha 1y: (5-Jan-2008)
- More versatility with melee weapons: Daggers are now faster with lowered damage,
hammers and maces are a bit slower now but with more damage. Also all two-handed
melee weapons are some slower now - particularly after obtaining skill points on
'Alacrity' the fight animation looked extremely hectic. Please note, whenever a
weapon became slower its damage raised appropriately, actually it's even a bit
over-compensated as usual in DS2 when speed is balanced/substituted with damage.
- The *stats*display* for Dual Wield damage has been fixed, now the listed stats
should match better the sum of weapon damage, strength influence and magical
bonuses (expect of some value-rounding matters). However the effective damage
you do in battles is still the same as in original DS2. So this change is more
cosmetic and shell make it easier for you to find the best weapon combination.
- Two standard game bonuses fixed, thanks to Hassat Hunter for discovering this!
For details please see: garage.gaspowered.com/?q=node/6283#comment-79677
- Some small reagent related changes to make the enchanting of low-levelled items
- It may happen that you still have anywhere a 'Dwarven Mythril Ring of Sight'
that isn't enchantable (legendary enchantable since Beta 2L), in such a case
just drop it out of your inventory and it should become enchantable.
- Processing of Absorption skill revised, now the calculations are more adequate
according to the description of the skill.
- Similar to GPG's armor bonus rebalancing for items also stats for summon have
been revised now to get more adequate values compared to chars (for pets this
correction already is done in Alpha 1d).
- The automatic level boost for under-levelled chars when coming out of the inn
has been revised. Now all chars more than 5 levels below your main hero will
be upgraded according to the level they had when you disbanded them.
The multi-class support has been expanded for all possible combinations of
dual-classed chars - the secondary skill will be raised too if it was at least
70% of the primary class.
- Chars coming from the inn now always will have full life and mana, also a little
workaround has been added for the inn at Aman'lu (act 2) to prevent that there
the camera may drop in vertical stance if rejoined chars instantly get focused.
- Work-around added for rampage mode tuning several (auto-)casting matters while
equipped with anything else than staves. Things like repeated cast animations
after switching form spell to weapon, holding a shield upside down, invisible
thrown weapons after casting or needlessly hidden cestus should be fixed now,
where necessary weapons/shield will be unequipped temporarily (as it happens in
DS2 by default during casting spells).
- Multiple summon feature has been revised. Instead of 7 you will require now 8
skill points on Summon Might per every further summon. Aether Blast power will
cause now a more balanced damage if there are more than one summoned monsters.
Also enemies may randomly become angry at the mage owning multiple summons.
- When using a weapon-enchantment to become multi-classed now also the level-up
of the secondary skill will be indicated by a rotating overhead icon.
- If an attack has been blocked now no more bleeding or haemorrhage can happen,
also there won't be arrows sticking in the body if blocking was successful.
- Dynamic movement speed: If your char's inventory is empty he will move/run now
a bit faster and if it's full the char will move some slower.
- Another Rending Aura added called 'Arrow Bane'. This single-char buff spell is
devoted to the gameplay-historical kind of Dryads. It will split all incoming
exp on ranged or nature magic (if the attack belonged to one of these classes).
The resulting lack of specialization will be compensated by the spell feature
allowing you to launch more then one arrow at once depending on the skill points
on 'Quick Draw' - two are required for one more arrow or 5 per additional thrown
projectile (although this feature isn't really intended for thrown weapons).
Drawing so many arrows will natively cause some handicaps like a partial damage
loss for all arrows, about -20% damage with an ordinary dual-classed archer.
However also the position in the arrow fan has some influence, usually arrows
in the center cause more damage than arrows that are on a outer position in
the arrow fan.
- Ironwood bows and Daziel's Bow got new inventory icons. The rather big model
of Stalker bows is used now for Elven Longbows and vice-versa. It will comply
comply much better with their bow names and proprieties like this.
- The Shield of Azunai had a too jolted icon, the new one hopefully looks better.
- Yoren will now correctly hold/render his shield in veteran and elite mode.
- If you leave now the game with an open town portal then the portal still will
be open at the next game session. This feature is currently only available in
singleplayer, also it's recommended to take some care that the portal doesn't
lead back eg. on/near a elevator - in cases like this it's always a bit tricky
to find the right 'light switch' at the end of the teleportation tunnel. ;=)
- When a new actor joins the party or when getting a member back form the Inn:
All actors above char level 5 will be considered for an automatic multi-class
level-up if the level of the 2nd best class is at least 70% of the best class.
Also the threshold for this level-up is now 5 instead of 20 levels (mainly not
to be affected by the default exp stepping in DS2) and the difference between
hero and member to add will be reduced approximately to its square root value
or to 5 levels on maximum - like this it should be no problem to close soon
the little remaining level gap if really needed, also there are training areas
where you easily get exp while fighting in exchange for obsolete items.
- Anywhere around Aman'lu you may find now an additional NPC called 'Drovan'.
It's said there must be any kinship with Drevin, that's probably why he will
like to join your party to get revenge on Valdis...
Generally Drovan will be a melee and combat magic specialized fighter, however
if needed there would be a little tweak to get him as FoS alternatively.
- Experimentally a Scrub Boar added as a short-ranged pet intended to support
low-levelled chars/parties. This pet won't need a lot of worthful (ranged) food
but better feed it defensive - although its spit attack may become quite acid
the pet won't be very resistant to physical attacks by default.
|**** GROWTH: ****
| Baby: (only available for actors familiar with Scrub Boar breeding)
| - Attack: Gastric Acid (native) (=>1)
| Piglet: (ignores food form chars below level 1)
| - Minimum bonus: +10% Chance to Dodge Attacks
| Juvenile: (ignores food form chars below level 3)
| - Minimum bonus: +20% Magic Damage Resistance
| Adolescent: (ignores food form chars below level 5)
| - Power: Dragon Inspiration (=>2)
| - Minimum bonus: +30% Power Recharge Rate (=>2)
| Young Adult: (ignores food form chars below level 7)
| - Minimum bonus: +40% Gold Dropped
| Mature Boar:
| - Minimum bonus: +50% Health Regeneration Rate
| - Aura: 'More Tasty Potions' (=>3)
|**** REMARKS: ****
| =>1: Short-ranged spit attack with the body's own digestion juice, it's quick-
| acting and notably harmful but also some slower than pet attacks usually.
| =>2: Power borrowed from Lap Dragon pet. Please note this is generally a very
| slowly recharging power specially for a Scrub Boar (the Lag Dragon spell
| has a much higher recharge quality). So the minimum bonus refers to this.
| =>3: Scrub Boar's emanation will help you to find bigger potions. The potion
| size will be even bigger if additionally the pet's power is active:
| | || IMPROVED DROP BY PET |
| | ORIG. POTION |+-------------------+-------------------+
| | DROP || W/ EMANATION | W/ EMA.+POWER |
| | 1 SMALL || 1 MEDIUM | 1 LARGE |
| | 1 MEDIUM || 1 LARGE | 1 SUPER |
| | 1 LARGE || 1 SUPER | 66% TO BE COLOS |
| | || - | OR 1 SUPER |
| | 1 SUPER || 66% TO BE COLOS | 1 COLOS |
| | || OR 1 SUPER | +33% 1 MORE COLOS |
| | 1 COLOS || 1 COLOS | 2 COLOS |
| | || +66% 1 MORE COLOS | +33% 1 MORE COLOS | % = CHANCE
|**** AQUISITION: ****
| Seller : Guard near Mana/Health Bushes outside Eirulan (north gate)
| Price : 275 Gold
| Special: Often you will get a Scrub Boar already at piglet age.
Alpha 1x: (27-May-2007)
- New dual-magic spell added summoning a ghost that will take possession of the
monster that kills him resp. terminates the ghost's current form of existence.
This spell requires nature and combat magic at almost the same levels to get a
ghost with reliable benefits and a high reincarnation chance.
- General summoning tunings, glowing effect and nature summon casting effect will
now better respect the size of the monster to summon, also the town recognition
(to avoid useless summon castings) works a bit faster now.
- Durations of weapon enchantment spells increased form 5 to 8 minutes.
Alpha 1w: (20-May-2007)
- Game rules related tunings, eg. the spit attack of Skitter monsters is treated
now really as ranged attack and no longer as magical attack, like this suffered
damage can be reflected now back to them (easy to see with a mature Dire Wolf).
- Pets related tunings, correct stats will be displayed for the Mythrilhorn and
work-around added for possible loss of growth bonuses if the party hero dies.
- Fix added for multiple summon feature, now there will be proper clean up of all
remaining summoned monsters if you are sending the mage to the inn.
Alpha 1v: (5-May-2007)
- General tunings on about 25 files, not critical but it's recommended to update,
so eg. adding skill points at 'Bloodsoaked Shots' has now the indicated effect
on the char's stats (before the increscent wasn't displayed in the stat table,
it 'only' was used for damage calculation). Also some adjustments made when
playing DS2 with this mod on a LAN, however this mod isn't really Multiplayer
tuned - unfortunately this is beyond my capacities.
- Plasma Globes and Ribble spell may be casted now on pure ground too. Please use
them with reasonability in towns or close to NPCs, specially for Plasma Globes
collateral damage has to be invoiced sometimes.
- Multiple summons feature added allowing upto 4 summons per party member when
having 7, 14 resp. 21 skill points on 'Summon Might', skill points by items
will be credited too. Auto-casting summons in town will be suppressed as long
as there are no enemies and only if the spell is inside auto-cast slot #5-#8.
The two active powers have been slightly adjusted and for 'Summon Bond' skill
the deflected damage will be shared equally on all summoned monsters.
Expect of the spell description you can watch now the summon stats (expanded)
when holding the mouse cursor above the summoned monster - this is intended to
compensate the incorrect stats displayed by summon related icons (next to the
char icon or inside inventory), sadly this matter can't be fixed. :=(
Generally if you don't like this experimental feature you can turn it off by
adding 'multi_summon=false' (without quotes) at the end of the command line of
your DS2 shortcut or by adding it in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file.
Alpha 1u: (12-Apr-2007)
- Fixes for NPCs wearing equipment that has become enchantable in version Alpha 1p.
In that context also Snowbrook Castle soldiers have been tuned to be more steady
in veteran and elite mode.
- As work-around for the disabled game speed keys now the speed of the game can be
changed for single player mode by two auxiliary possibilities:
a) by using the game speed levers (resp. valves, added by this mod version) that
can be found next to the prison of Eirulan.
b) by adding eg. 'game_speed=90' (without quotes) in the command line of your DS2
shortcut or by adding it in the DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file. Default is 100,
minimum is 10 (slow), maximum is 300 (fast), step-width is +/-10.
All speed changes will be re-applied whenever you load a new map, however manually
added/edited changes by possibility b) are dominant.
- Azunai's Shield (quest reward) upgraded to be more story-like. Melee attackers may
randomly loose now their weapons when hitting the shield, this will notably reduce
the damage they will cause.
Alpha 1t: (6-Apr-2007)
- In order to behave more realistic in battles combat mages in your party will stop
auto-casting curses if they only have a third or less of their maximum health left,
it can be assumed mages learn/know the provoking effect of their curses.
- The party AI no longer will make members auto-cast 'Blind' and 'Punishing Fire'
curse on magic monsters and 'Steal Magic' on melee monsters, however indirectly
these area-affecting spells may hit accidentally 'wrong' monsters nevertheless.
- Minor bug solved on 'Punishing Fire' spell, it's effect on ranged damage didn't
really match the description.
- Training areas added in Snowbrook Haven castle and at Aman'lu (Broken World only)
to level-up retarded party members more quickly by sacrificing items.
Alpha 1s: (20-Feb-2007)
- Difficulty settings generally revised, it's now possible to set a custom game
difficulty by adding 'difficulty=###' (without quotes) in the start command line
of the short-cut you start DS2 with, alternatively you also can write it in the
DungeonSiege2BrokenWorld.ini file (is next to your savegame folder). Acceptable
values are 50-500, so eg. 'difficulty=75' will make the game easier while a value
of 300 will make the game notably harder and the monsters become more dangerous.
- The 'life controller' code responsible for damage over time revised, there was
a minor lack related on reflected damage, also now damage over time will give
you correct experience when caused by weapons (for spells it already worked ok).
- Fix for possibly broken Hak'u daggers, due to its revision (merc/vet/elite game
mode have now all their own dagger version) imported/original Hak'u daggers may
become useless because of negative damage. - Supposed now you have such a dagger
then drop it out of your inventory and it will be repaired automatically.
- Arinth quest reward has been fixed to drop more appropriate veteran/elite loot.
Alpha 1r: (9-Feb-2007)
- Simple content check added, it starts right after entering the map and will last
some seconds but you can teleport away in meantime. If errors will be indicated
you should recheck your mod configuration or uninstall this mod, in case of any
skrit or template related error the game may not run stable.
- Usage of Corpse Transmutation spell fixed.
- Possible lack fixed when monsters are using custom spears.
- The 'Rending Aura' dual-magic buff (see Beta 3b) will split now experience 70:30
instead of 50:50, like this the class of the selected spell will be preferred and
(even if it sounds strange a bit) the gap between the two classes will never be
bigger than 5-10 levels (due to the non-linear growth/levelling of your char).
- A special dual-magic spell added summoning a harpy. This spell is only intended
for mages with both magic classes on similar levels. A difference of 5-10 levels
doesn't really matter, but above 20 levels it will be fatal, then the summoned
harpy will be terribly weak and probably even collapse soon after its summoning.
Note that if you have summoned a harpy your all experience will automatically be
split 50:50 expect you have the 'Rending Aura' casted on you (see above).
Summoned Harpy story: Once upon a time Dryads had problems to train Harpies into
pets and so they started to treat them with magic - but the Dryads failed and all
harpies disappeared one by one. So a summoned harpy is now just the magical echo
of its own former existence as pet - and thus be not surprised if sometimes they
really behave like pets breaking sanctuary doors or when neutralizing monsters
with one of the useful abilities Dryads have learned them in ancient times.
- Enchantable shop added in the Azunite Desert downhill of the Windstone outpost.
- As game fix the book 'Glorydeep Vol. 47' should now really be added into
your journal when picking it up.
Alpha 1q: (7-Jan-2007)
- Rather technical revisions, eg. better approximation for level displayed in
the recipe book, also higher chance now that Tomas the Merchant outside of the
Dryad outpost in act 4 will offer enchantable Snowbrook equipment pieces.
- Better approximation for level displayed in the recipe book.
Alpha 1p: (31-Dec-2006)
- For higher availability most custom items (introduced by this mod) have been
revised, thus small changes on items stats are possible. In this context now
javelins/spears better can be found in act 1.
- Item addition I: Morden Shield and one-handed (Zombie) Legionnaire Sword added.
They may only drop as enchantable items or magical items (blue only but always
with 'harmonic' bonuses) from enemies that are already equipped with these items.
- Item addition II: Hole equipment from Snowbrook archers and (melee) soldiers is
now available as regular items, they may drop from monsters or they can be found
in shops too.
- From char level 7-70 every 7th level all chars that are be intensively multi-
classed may get one additional skill point at level up, like this multi-classing
should be a bit more attractive even with no class at maximum.
Supposed your char is well multi-classed he will get this special skill point:
- if second-highest class is at least 70% of the best class the char has,
- if the average of 2nd and 3rd highest class is at least 65% of the best class,
- if the average of all weaker classes is at least 60% of the best class.
To provide some more flexibility it's also possible to reach these requirements
with a delay of one char level resp. until the next char-level-up event.
- When getting a char back from the inn the threshold of the subordinate class has
been increased to 70% to lower the risk of accidental multi-class upgrade. However
this is only relevant if an automatic char level upgrade happens (see Alpha 1o).
- Recipes in the lore book will now display the approximate party level they are
- Difficulty settings revised, slightly easier when starting, some harder for elite.
Alpha 1o: (9-Dec-2006)
- Weapon/spell enchantment spell added for mages to share all magical experience
equally on nature and combat magic regardless of the type of spell acting with.
This buff spell has multiple bonuses, they don't really depend on intelligence
(as displayed by default) the bonus values rather depend on comparing nature
and combat magic levels - because of the multi-classed kind of this spell buff
a low difference between the two magic types will perform better values.
Related on the bonus type all skills improving buff effect or improving weapon
enchantment spells will take some influence, however only with half effect.
- Minor changes on drop pattern of unique items to improve 'char like' drops.
Alpha 1n/m: (5-Dec-2006)
- Fixes the item level (resp. requirements and defence) for an enchantable
'Vindicator' armor, generally this type of melee armor requires at least
44 melee levels and does not appear in act 1-3 of mercenary game mode.
- Chance increased that weapon barrels will also drop a magic spear/javelin
in the smith dungeon in the eastern Greilyn jungle - it just was too hard
to elicit a ranged Taclak awaiting to get his javelin.
- Packmule icon customized according on the pet's brighter appearance.
Alpha 1m: (3-Dec-2006)
- Outside of Eirulan there is now an opportunity to buy packmules immediately
after entering the north-western Greilyn jungle area (close to the shrine).
- When getting a char back from the inn the level difference is now 12 levels
to get the automatic char upgrade. Also *assumed* fist of stone fighters will
get an appropriate dual class upgrade (until now they only got melee skills),
it is supposed to be a fist of stone fighter if nature magic is at least 2/3
of melee skill level. The experience added will be splitted then to increase
the nature magic level too almost as dual buff spells would do it.
Of course this feature affects (assumed) blood assassins in equal measures.
Alpha 1k/l: (9-Nov-2006)
- In context with the 'add lectern' feature an obsolete template (working in
original DS2(Mod) but not with the addon) has made incantation shrines almost
impassable, this is fixed now.
Alpha 1i/j: (8-Nov-2006)
- The majority of rewards revised to drop different in veteran and elite mode.
- Tomas the Merchant outside of the Dryad outpost in act 4 will sell now at
least one random low-level spellbook.
- The experimental 'Speed by Dex' feature tuned, now it's mainly based on the
ratio of dexterity and char level influenced by absolute dex amount. However
to keep it attractive for all char types it behaves not linear, the benefit
of one further dex point is bigger if you haven't already a lot of dexterity.
Alpha 1h: (5-Nov-2006)
- Some experimental code introduced in Alpha 1g removed again. When resetting a
skill at the modded skill reset NPC this code was the reason why your char has
lost the buff effects while the timer itself for the buff still was going on.
In this context pleas note that currently it may occasionally happen that the
visual buff effect lasts on while the real improvement already has expired.
Alpha 1g: (29-Oct-2006)
- Pre-made chars will now enter the game with ~100'000 more gold because prices
for skill point reset, enchanting, etc. are perspicuously higher in this mod.
- Little fix to prevent that a spell may be executed on a target much beyond
casting range, however a little tolerance remains.
Alpha 1f: (15-Oct-2006)
- For liberating Drevin's sister you will get 1 skill point as exclusive reward.
- Some timing adjusted to ensure better compatibility with other mods.
- Since the addon the Undead Azunite Archer boss had a much too high level when
appearing in act 2, this matter is solved now.
- Some extra monsters introduced by the Aranna Legacy mod (resp. Hotfix mod) had
lost their textures during addon adaptation, they have been re-added again.
Alpha 1e: (9-Oct-2006)
- Most set items will now display correctly the name of the set they belong to.
- The set just called 'Relentless' has been renamed to 'Archer Guard'. Otherwise
it causes a display error if foreign (non-english) language support is required
and if the set name is also used as name for a magical bonus.
- Some reagents slightly revised, also a new reagent for better gold drops added.
- Kerth (act 4) will offer an unique spear in exchange for an ancient stone tablet.
- Aiming error feature adjusted (in context with a special type of bound dwarves).
Alpha 1d: (26-Sep-2006)
- Near the backyard of the Inn of Eirulan and at the Dryad Outpost of act 4 there
is now a powerful mage that is able to release the skill points from a skill of
your choice so you can re-invest them.
- Also there is a young edition of Dryad Vireni (the standard skill resetting NPC)
in the little Dryad camp at Western Greilyn.
- Derowen, the Broken World shop keeper at Aman'lu will now supply rare items too.
- Drop rates for super-magical items slightly approximated to original DS2 rates.
This means they are a *little* bit higher now, nevertheless you still need a
quite high magic find value to really find a lot of unique or set items.
- To respect GPG's rebalancing intentions in the addon the defense of reagents
and pets is now 5-15% lower. It seems GPG has forgotten to update them too!?
- When enchanting mage weapons with intelligence reagents, the correct effect
will be displayed now (till now it was the same as for dexterity).
- Changes for buff casting improved to keep the auto-cast strain low.
- Minor Map Tuning: On way down to Tomas the Merchant (enchantable seller outside
of the Dryad outpost in act 4) some bigger stumps get better physic properties
so that it's no longer possible to stay inside of them.
Alpha 1c: (24-Sep-2006)
- After the Overmage battle your hero will finally get back the Shield of Azunai.
- Bad texture fixed of Harpy spear (introduced by this mod itself).
- Neda at the Dryad outpost in act 4 may alternate her offer from time to time.
- Experimental: If one party member casts a buff spell then the buff durations will
also be refreshed for any other party members that already have this buff.
(However, this alone won't turn auto-casting now into an always smart feature...)
- The supplies of Tomas the Merchant (outside of the Dryad outpost in act 4) may
now also include weapons introduced by this mod.
Alpha 1b: (16-Sep-2006)
- Party members will wait before talking until the area seems to be secure, this would
be indicated by 'Please wait' if you press that 'Banter-Paranoia-Button' hidden in
the stump next to your stash in the Dryad outpost of act 4.
Due to the different kind the addon map is built there is no more 'Replay dialogue'
for further game session, but there is a now 'Please tell me what you know' option
inspiring party members to talk more/longer.
- *Tried* to let Mock Chests abort their attacks when all actors are consciousless.
Alpha 1a: ()
- Minor map improvements/changes around the teleporter at the Dryad outpost of act 4.
Alpha 1: (12-Sep-2006)
- The conversation with Kerth has been revised. The hint about the Playstation(R)
and the crossover items is still where but now a bit better encapsulated.
- The Thief (the '???' guy) is able to drop these PSP crossover items in rare cases
don't be sad if you never will see such an item, there are only 10 of them and the
probability is low that you exactly find one matching to your char.
- Near every shrine you will find now a lectern, sometimes empty but sometimes also
equipped with an extra-ordinary powerful chant.
- The costs for resetting your skill points are now more adequate for mid-level char.
- This mod also tries to fix *some* mercenary/veteran/elite mode related matters.